Talent Acquisition Concepts is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join a team with a 20 year established General Contractor in the Greater Memphis area. With a solid pipeline of work in TN and across the South East they are one of the most established companies in the area with a reputation and company culture to match!
Why should I work for you?
Our Client started over 25 years ago and operates across a multitude of disciplines including Student Housing, Multifamily, Healthcare, Religious and Educational Facilities so you will have the opportunity to expand your skillset dramatically.
The emphasis with this firm is working as a team and getting the job done. They are committed to and embrace, the concept of inclusion. They work hard to include a diverse mix of subcontractors and material suppliers in the construction of all projects. They strive to exceed defined Small Minority, Women and Historically Underutilized Business project goals for public projects. They are very proud of their history of building up and equipping their small business partners with the very best.
Our client values its people and treats them very much like family. They participate in multiple team get-togethers throughout the year, contribute & volunteer for local charities and rewards their Team with additional compensation each year as a Thank-You for all the energy & time they know it takes to be a leader in the construction industry! If you want to be involved with your industry, give back to your community and help continue to make a great company the BEST in the Southeast - Join the Team and let's get to work!
What does a typical day look like for the Project Manager?
As the Project Manager for this firm, you will be responsible for…
• Assisting in establishing project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate and division policy.
• Assisting with client, A/E, and subcontractor communication to facilitate construction activities.
• Assisting with managing financial aspects of contracts including processing pay applications.
• Assisting with scheduling of construction activities and updating/maintaining project schedule.
• Assisting with new project pursuit and procurement including preparation of RFQ/RFP responses and interviews.
• Assisting with preparing bid packages including bid forms and subcontracts.
• Handling submittals and RFI's for the project.
What qualifications do you look for?
You might be the Project Manager we’re looking for if you have:
• Experience as the Lead Project Manager (or Assistant Project Manager) on Multifamily / Student Housing / Healthcare projects at a minimum of 5-6 years
• Experience as the Lead (or Assistant) Project Manager on construction projects from buy-out through to C/O and management of Superintendents & Subcontractors.
• Very familiar with Shop Drawings, Buyouts, POs, Change Orders, Creation/Updating Schedules, Client/Owner & Design coordination as well as other essential PM activities.
• Currently live in Memphis, TN (area -within 40-60 mile radius).
• Ability to travel across the South East as required (normally twice a month) to visit projects/clients/etc.
• Strong customer service and communication skills
• Experience in historic adaptive re-use projects desired but not essential