Serve as an assistant to the Security Managers on physical, personnel, information, industrial operations, anti-terrorism, and communications security. Provide support for the preparation and submission of visit request notifications, confirmation of appropriate security investigation/clearances. The contractor will assist the security manager with security controls and preparing and updating security procedures and standard operating procedures for controlled rooms. Process Security Access Requests and Visit Access Requests and assist security manager of assigned areas and classified information storage containers. The contractor will assist in applications, employee briefings, visit requests, and provide a wide variety of duties in the administration of DoD, Army and CIO and DCS G6 security regulations. The contractor will provide guidance and instruction to employees to ensure the completion of security paperwork and provide follow-up clearance status on processed clearances to managers for specific contracts. Help to develop a culture of security-minded professionals across the community. Assist in the CIO and DCS G6 Emergency Management (EM) program. Subtasks:
- Assist with all security measures, inspections, investigations and reporting by the security specialists for all assigned sites.
- Ensure compliance with DoD and Army security regulations, policies and procedures.
- Assist in the review and investigation of non-compliance issues.
- Assist in inspections schedules, reviews results, and make recommendations to streamline security processes and procedures.
- Review the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) to ensure currency of personnel and send clearances for personnel who are going temporary duty (TDY) to other locations.
- Assist in tracking completion of mandated security training for workforce.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- You will assist in the development and implementation and advising as necessary on issues affecting access control at the Russell Knox Complex.
- You will interpret and define general policy guideline, develop and implement specific guideline to meet installation requirements.
- You will plan, coordinate and develop procedures for processing request for access badges for permanent party, visitors, and temporarily assigned personnel.
- You will manage the Security Operations Center and the escorting of visitors to the facilities as required for business, maintenance, or other reasons.
- Possess a Secret security clearance (Top Secret preferred but not required).
- Possess an associate degree; Bachelor will be a plus.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience with JPAS. A year experience in the following areas: Physical security, Personnel security, Information security, Microsoft Office software, and operating the Intrusion Detection Systems and 2 years’ experience with access control systems. Knowledge in records management.
- A minimum of 2 years creating policies and procedures as they relate to security. Ability to teach and train personnel on security related matters. Internal security audit experience highly preferred.