Directs the operation unit by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These include the following:
● Assist in the achievement of budgeted sales and profits.
● Develop and maintain professional functional working relationships with restaurant employees and guests.
● Implement Craft Training program for all restaurant hourly employees to improve unit operations and the guest experience.
● Assist in the execution of annual financial, local restaurant marketing, guest service and human resource objectives, strategies and tactics for assigned unit, as defined by the current IHOP Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) and the current operations plan.
● Comply with federal, state, and local regulations which are applicable to assigned unit.
● Assist in the recruitment, training and retention of employees as defined by the current SOP and operations plan for the assigned unit.
● Ensure adequate levels of food, paper, kitchen, safety, janitorial, uniform, linen, and miscellaneous supplies.
● Ensure the proper operational condition of equipment, building structure and premises according to federal regulations and the SOP.
● Ensure safety and sanitation practices are maintained according to federal, state, and local regulations and the SOP.
● Ensure security practices as defined by the SOP.
● Assist in the completion of all required reports and paperwork.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
Directly supervise craft employees at assigned unit. Assist General Manager with the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Company unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Keep the General Manager informed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two to four years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to speak and read English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or restraint employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
A valid Driver’s License will be necessary to drive a car on Company business.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Certification through assigned IHOP training courses.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, and be aware of surroundings; and taste or smell. The employee regularly must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally is exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to caustic chemicals. The employee occasionally is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $52,000.00 per year
● Dental insurance
● Employee assistance program
● Employee discount
● Health insurance
● Paid time off
● Paid training
● Vision insurance
● 10 hour shift
● Night shift
● Bonus pay
● High school or equivalent (Preferred)
● Restaurant Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
● Driver's License (Preferred)
● One location