Terrestris is seeking multiple Supply Technicians
to perform various supply technician duties listed below in support of the Veterans Affairs medical facility: Full-Time Supply Technicians work - 8 hours per day 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday at the Martinsburg West Virginia Veterans Affairs Medical center.
The primary purpose of the position is to ensure that supplies and material are distributed to all areas serviced by Logistics. Provide wards, clinics, operating rooms, secondary storage locations, and other hospital facilities with supplies and material including, but not limited to, sterile and non-sterile medical supplies, instruments sets, and equipment. Assignments include but are not limited to: scanning, barcoding, receiving, storing, and the distribution of medical and surgical supplies, instruments, and other material. The work requires knowledge of applicable policies and procedures as well as inventory systems such as the generic inventory package (GIP), bar-coding, aseptic procedures and Logistics processes.
What your daily duties consist of:
- Maintains stock at primary and secondary inventory locations for all clinical and administrative services. This involves pulling stock inventory and material from main inventory for delivery; replenishing stock inventory; interacting with clinical and administrative customers to ensure issues and needs are identified and either resolved or escalated to supervisors or Inventory Management Specialists as needed; maintaining records on stock levels; recommending revisions in stock levels as needed to supply changes to Inventory Management Specialists; communicating to the lead or supervisor any concerns related to supplies, equipment and procedures, providing information as needed orally or in writing regarding customer or external stakeholder issues, general telephone inquiries and visitor referrals; communicating with customers and vendors to obtain information regarding medical supplies.
- Monitors expiration dates, rotates stock to limit outdates and removes items from use as required by outdates. Supports managers in checking inventory for stock identified for recalled items and hazard alerts; ensures critical supplies are appropriately monitored and controlled, resolving deviations when possible, and escalating significant deviations to the Inventory Management Specialists.
- Performs daily inventory of primary and secondary inventory points using bar coding equipment on a predetermined schedule that will allow for timely replenishment orders. Resolves differences between records and physical count of stock.
- Distributes items according to established or ad hoc requirements in computerized inventory management systems such as GIP. Utilizes a pager or similar device to expedite the pick/delivery of items needed in user areas throughout the VA HCS and supported catchment area. Fills requests for items based on daily schedules of need or on an emergent basis as appropriate.
- Delivers supplies in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring supplies and material delivered are in sterile and operational condition. Deliveries will be to wards, clinics and other secondary locations that may be in remote sites. Delivery by motor vehicle may be required.
- Completes specialty cart preparation and stocking.
- Cleans assigned secondary areas (shelves and bins) in accordance with aseptic principles as published in infection control guidelines, local Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Joint Commission standards as scheduled.
- Supports wall-to-wall and periodic inventories.
- As needed, assists in other functional areas of the Section and performs other duties as assigned.
- Receives supplies and material into the VA Health Care System and supported catchment area. Unpacks/uncrates supplies from shipping cartons; properly stores supplies and material in main/primary inventory areas. Stores items in accordance with established guidelines, utilizing a computerized inventory system, to ensure sterility and integrity of the supplies and material and the data integrity of the inventory management system. Through periodic inventory and discussion with ward and clinical personnel, maintains stock levels, returns reusable supplies to the distribution area, and informs clinic and ward personnel on new or changed items and supplies, current medical supply resources, and shelf life. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Duties for this position include physical exertion such as lifting (no more than 50lbs) stooping, standing, bending, squatting, reaching and climbing ladders.
Required Skills and Education:
- High School diploma and at least 3 years of supply experience
- 2 years of inventory experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with MS Office applications
- Experience with logging data tracking inventory
- Ability to exert physical energy (lift no more than 50lbs and climb ladders)
- Ability to pass background check to gain access to US Federal installations and other customer sites.
- Military or federal contractor supply experience active duty or as a federal contractor.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered.