We are currently seeking a Physical Scientist. This position is located in Charlottesville, VA.
So, What Will The Physical Scientist Do?
Talent Acquisition Concepts is currently seeking a physical scientist who possesses a strong background in conducting analyses of system capabilities, limitations and/or vulnerabilities; writing comprehensive all-source S&TI intelligence assessments; and populating and maintaining databases on behalf of U.S. Government Clients. Must currently possess a DoD TS/SCI clearance.
Tasks will include study and analysis of technical requirements and developments, evaluation of the current research and technological bases' capabilities, and determination of the prospects for achieving desired goals and requirements.
What Qualifications Do You Look For?
- Currently possesses a DoD TS/SCI clearance.
- BS in physics, chemistry, biology, microbiology, material science, engineering (e.g., electrical, mechanical, aerospace, etc.), computer science, and inter-disciplinary areas (e.g., computer engineering, chemical engineering) with 2+ years of experience.
- Expertise in forecasting emerging and disruptive technologies that can span a broad range of topic areas to include but not be limited to: quantum information sciences (e.g., computing, key distribution, cryptography, communications, sensors), artificial intelligence, autonomy and counter-autonomy, advanced computing (e.g., supercomputing, high-performance computing, optical, neuromorphic), encryption, and cryptanalysis.
- Experience developing projects to produce targeted intelligence products such as forecasts and capabilities assessments or major inputs to broad weapon systems or technology studies.
- Willingness to work in small groups or independently as necessary.
- Demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
We’re Extra Impressed By Folks With:
- MS or PhD in physics, chemistry, biology, microbiology, material science, engineering (e.g., electrical, mechanical, aerospace, etc.), computer science, and inter-disciplinary areas (e.g., computer engineering, chemical engineering) with 0-3 years of experience.
- U.S. Citizenship Required.