What does a typical day look like for the System Engineer?
- Lead teams tasks with testing new products or product storage/dissemination systems.
- Test software functionality and quality. Work with government and commercial vendors to resolve discrepancies.
- Write clear test plans and test reports for our customers and team
- Develop/assess product quality requirements and specifications.
- Identify data needs to adequately perform product assessments to meet test objectives.
- Define product format requirements for new products to meet integration and interoperability requirements of National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG).
- Apply image knowledge/experience to quantify visual quality of imagery products and work with developers to trouble shoot causes of errors
- Develop engineering-quality verification tools.
- Quantify success criteria for readiness review transitions.
- Communicate customer mission and results; both written and verbal
What qualifications do you look for?
- A current TS SCI clearance
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in System Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Software Engineering, Image Science, or in a related Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of system engineering experience
- Experience in multiple remote sensing phenomenologies (for example EO/IR/SAR)
- Knowledge of NSG tasking, collection, processing, exploitation, and dissemination (TCPED) image chain
- Experience with sensor imaging systems, products, and exploitation processes
- Strong understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle to include independent testing and data verification, requirements, and development of concept of operations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with emphasis on briefing to obtain decisions and solve technical issues and test plans/reports writing
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Willingness to learn, solve problems and perform in a dynamic work environment
- Experience working in a DoD or IC operational environment.
We’re extra impressed by:
- Experience in image science field working with the fundamentals of image processing, image formation, optics, digital signal processing,
- Understanding and application of image quality standards - e.g. National Imagery Interpretability Ratings Scale (NIIRS), other scales, metrics and image quality equations.
- Image product modeling and simulation
- Experience with image processing and display software (Socet, RemoteView, ENVI, etc.)
- Engineering code development (Python, Matlab, IDL)