What does a typical day look like for the Senior Level Contract Support Specialist?
- Perform acquisition planning, solicit, evaluate, negotiate, analyze, advise, and assist with contract awards
- Perform post-award administration and terminations on contracts for the procurement of supplies and services (including complex contracts and high dollar acquisitions).
- Analyze and evaluate the certified cost and pricing data and other types of pricing information to determine price reasonableness, preparation of contract files, and electronic documentation.
- Prepare contracting recommendations for the Government Contracting Officer that require research and interpretation of evolving government regulations, policies, guidance, and laws.
What qualifications do you look for?
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Coursework must have included at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Teams.
- At least 4 years of experience in Federal Contracting.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Familiar with FAR and Veteran Affairs Acquisition Regulation (VAAR) based procurements.
We're extra impressed by:
- Documented experience in and working knowledge of VA programs is preferred.