Talent Acquisition Concepts is currently seeking an Estimator to join a team with a 20 year established General Contractor in the Nashville area. With a solid pipeline of work in TN and across the South East they are one of the most established companies in the area with a reputation and company culture to match!
Why should I work for you?
Our client is a highly regarded national General Contractor specializing in multi-family construction headquartered in the greater Nashville area and founded over 40 years ago. They specialize in multi-family projects such as urban high density, mid-rise, garden-style, student housing, wrap/podium-wrap and senior developments with a value of over $2 billion in total construction in the Southeastern United States.
So, what will the Estimator do?
As the Estimator, you will produce construction estimates for complex high-rise and multi-family buildings.
What does a typical day look like for the Estimator?
Although no two days will be the same, you will:
- Reviews project proposals and plans to determine timeframe, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects and available resources to generate estimates & bids.
- Responsible for and assisting with the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation or the project: including safety, resources, performance, budget, scheduling, equipment management, quality, and risk analysis
- Manages the process to ensure that documented commitments made in the developmental phases of a project are implemented at the proper time
- Reviews and approves vendor pay estimates, material requests, and invoices
- Draft, review and approve works and purchase orders
- Attends project status meetings and assists in problem-solving efforts
- Work with and be part of the estimating/bid process during project procurement phases
What qualifications do you look for?
You might be the Estimator we’re looking for if you have:
- Construction Management (Bachelor’s) degree or similar required.
- 7+ years of management experience in the commercial new-remodel construction industry (Projects $200K-$5+MM).
- 5+ years of Project Management construction experience required in commercial industry.
- The selected candidate will also have a clean drivers license, drug screen and background check to be eligible for this opportunity.