What does a typical day look like for the Product Manager?
- Lead and drive the end-to-end strategy and operational product roadmap for one or more complex products or a product portfolio.
- Build and deliver the value proposition, target customer segments, and business case to bring innovative and disruptive products to market for a product portfolio with respect to the whole company product portfolio (i.e. Product configuration mix, Revenue/Margins, financials, market share).
- Synthesize market requirements (MRD) into marketing/customer details through having intimate customer knowledge and business, financial, and industry market acumen.
- Guide key stakeholders on the portfolio strategy across all phases of the lifecycle (e.g., planning, development, launch, management, exit).
- Create and drive goal alignment and collaborates across one or more products' value chain partners to optimize margins and enable the success of products per plans across the product lifecycle. (ie. Engineering: product development, Supply Chain: SKUs, inventory and Marketing: marketing and pricing strategies and Go To Market Plan).
What qualifications do you look for?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering, or related field of study. MBA or advanced degree in computer science or engineering preferred.
- 10+ years of work experience in a related field.
- Technical understanding and knowledge of the relevant industry.
- Extensive team skills and ability to cross-functionally drive/influence work through others, ability to mentor and lead teams to achieve results for complex, ambiguous projects.
- Extensive skills in cost-efficient solution building, financial performance metric creation, and analysis.
- Extensive business acumen and knowledge of root cause analysis and problem detection.
- Technical understanding and knowledge of the relevant industry and ability to provide product-specific technical training to the team.