Terrestris Global Solutions is seeking a full-time Instructor to support the Naval Housing Learning Center at the Naval Air Station in Jacksonville, Florida. The Housing Learning Center (HLC) provides innovative and technical training to Navy Housing and other DoD personnel including Civilian, Military, Foreign National, and Contractor personnel working in support of the Family and Unaccompanied Housing functions. The Instructor will deliver a broad range of Housing related training through both in-person and virtual mediums. This role is located onsite at NAS JAX.
What your day looks like:
- Deliver training in various modalities and delivery methods.
- Present dynamic instruction to adult learners on topics directly related to Housing professionals.
- Apply research-based best practices for adult learning and respectful classroom management skills to reinforce learning through positive proactive communication with class participants ensuring that learning objectives are met and understood throughout the entire learning process.
- Maintain professional delivery, integrity, and standards while delivering HLC training materials.
- Communicate with the HLC leadership about any additional requirements for technology before classes to ensure adequate time to address any technology-related needs.
- Plan your instructional days, be prompt, and obviously prepared for class.
- Arrive at the course sites prior to the students in sufficient time to ensure the classroom is ready for learning and to welcome their students as they arrive.
- Support and facilitate Navy policy and instruction. While providing students with a safe space to openly discuss matters, including discussion of instances where compliance may not have been maintained.
- Correction misinformation, share appropriate policy and procedural correction, and provide guidance where necessary.
Required Instructional Skills:
- Past work experience in middle to upper-management professional positions requiring leadership of personnel most often obtained in the housing field.
- Knowledge and experience in management, organizational systems and development, group dynamics and development, and possess conflict resolution expertise.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to present even dry information dynamically.
- Technological inclination and responsiveness to the unique challenges of working remotely and independently.
- Travel up to 50% required for CONUS and OCONUS locations will be required.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in classroom instruction and training delivery with adult learners.
- Must have a valid passport.
- Excel at creating student-centered active learning experiences.
- A military background and be well versed in military protocol especially as it relates to the US Navy is strongly preferred.
- Experience using, and comfortable with teaching, the enterprise Military Housing (eMH) software application is strongly preferred.