Talent Acquisition Concepts is currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager to join a team with a 20 year established General Contractor in the Nashville area. With a solid pipeline of work in TN and across the South East they are one of the most established companies in the area with a reputation and company culture to match!
Why should I work for you?
Our client is a highly regarded national General Contractor specializing in multi-family construction headquartered in the greater Nashville area and founded over 40 years ago. They specialize in multi-family projects such as urban high density, mid-rise, garden-style, student housing, wrap/podium-wrap and senior developments with a value of over $2 billion in total construction in the Southeastern United States.
As Assistant PM you will be assisting in all activities related to contract administration, change orders, submittals, procurement, project financials set-up and updates, and schedule to ensure projects are completed in a quality, profitable, safe, sustainable, and timely manner. Maintaining a constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer needs and expectations by supporting the Project Manager in all aspects of assigned projects.
What does a typical day look like for this position?
- Assisting PM in defining responsibilities for processing submittals including taking ownership of more difficult trades in cases of limited staff
- Confirming all required paperwork from subcontractors and suppliers is completed at appropriately designated times before and during the project
- Communicating with all suppliers and subcontractors to be certain they understand performance standards
- Establishing relationships and communication tools, as needed, with suppliers and other key people to verify all materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and personnel are obtained and/or delivered when necessary
- Attending all mandatory periodic planning, progress, and closeout meetings with project staff and other key people on project concerns, problems, and unexpected situations that may arise with subcontractors, suppliers, and customer changes, etc.
- Comparing progress schedule actualities versus estimated schedules and cost, checking compliance with plans and specifications, and reviewing problems
- Completing time impact analysis for each change proposal for submittal to the owner; coordinating with the PM
- Managing pre-project closeout processes to settle all financial obligations, and transition project to the customer
- Building effective relationships with the customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups
- Completing other responsibilities as assigned
What qualifications do you look for?
You might be who we’re looking for if you have:
- 4-year degree in either Construction or Engineering
- 3 to 8 years of multifamily experience
- Extensive knowledge of multifamily new-construction via one of the following: Garden Style, Wrap, Podium-Wrap, or Student Housing
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications
- Knowledge of construction methods and processes
- Construction-related scheduling experience
- Familiarity with job cost information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Prolog, Timberline, Procore (and similar programs)
We’re extra impressed by folks with:
- Preconstruction experience desired