Terrestris is seeking a Network and Systems Support Specialist in Watervliet New York outside of Albany NY to perform operations, training, and support functions for the New York National Guard Recruiting and retention battalion.
What does a typical day look like for the Network and Systems Support Specialist?
- Maintain Virtual Private Network (VPN) using tunneling technology for the secure transmission of sensitive data through wireless and LAN lines making sure all storefront networks are linked by VPN tunneling technology.
- Provide technical advice on network/telecommunications doctrine, systems, procedures, upgrades, and special requirements.
- Monitor and evaluate system performance and compliance with state and manufacturer requirements.
- Implement new network system hardware and software.
- Maintain an inventory of all network hardware and software.
- Configure and install network equipment and change components of existing equipment for efficient operation for each storefront.
- Provide Tier I and Tier II technical level support involving internet and intranet network-related problems, malfunctions in networking components, software failures, and resolve any routine problems; if unable to resolve then escalate the problem to Tier III or the Battalion S6 NCO for further guidance.
- Maintain and provide property accountability of all automation equipment (computers, printers, scanners, software, and various hardware) and manage all warranty and non-warranty technical support issues.
- Maintain all storefront network operations to include any equipment set up on the storefront network. These storefront networks are commercial Internet Service Providers (ISPs) separate and distinct from the Government networks.
- Maintain, train on, and deploy existing and future Information Technology (IT) resources for the Recruiting storefront networks.
- Conduct research and provide recommended solutions for hardware/software failures related to equipment in storefronts.
What qualifications do you look for?
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- A current DoD Secret clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- Active Security + certification.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)Strong attention to accuracy; detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to work virtually including screen shares, video calls, and online collaboration.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong motivation and ability to learn and understand new concepts and strategies.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
We’re extra impressed by:
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Active Security + certification
- ITIL V4