Terrestris, LLC is seeking a Human Resources Classification Specialist to join our team and assist the US Marine Corps to develop new and updating outdated position descriptions.
What does a typical day look like for the Human Resources Classification Specialist?
- Manage a team and provide the government with accurate position descriptions.
- Provide support functions that ensure appropriate implementation of government policy, human resource management, and overall sound business practice.
- Write technically authoritative standard position descriptions for various occupations at the GS-5 through GS-15 level based on full and current knowledge of the Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Position Classification Standards and updates.
- Write evaluation statements, as necessary, for position descriptions developed by the contractor.
- Assist in the preparation of documentation, supporting material, or otherwise provide information as to how a classification action was determined and the rationale behind your findings in an evaluation statement.
- Review position descriptions developed by others to offer advice regarding the technical accuracy, quality of writing, and that all duties and factors fully support the position series and grade proposed.
- Review duty statements and interview incumbents, supervisors, and others as required in order to assess the need, or lack thereof, to revise existing position descriptions.
What qualifications do you look for?
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university.
- Familiar with OPM Classification and Qualifications.
- 12+ years of experience in Department of Defense (DoD) human resources (US Marine Corps human resources experience preferred).
- 5+ years of experience in position description writing and job classification.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Must be experienced and proficient in all current position description writing software used by DoD, Department of the Navy (DON), and the USMC.