What does a typical day look like for the Proposal Manager?
- Spearhead various proposal efforts – from RFI responses to multimillion-dollar competitively bid RFPs.
- Create, maintain, and update proposal calendars, compliance matrices, and outlines.
- Work closely with Subject Matter Experts and Proposal Team Members to help shape compelling stories.
- Identify and articulate discriminators to stakeholders and teammates to ensure they are covered in proposals.
- Review all proposal submissions and ensure that they are complete, compliant, well-organized, and professionally presented to ensure consistency across proposal volumes.
- Mentor others on the team in the nuances of developing compliant and compelling stories.
What qualifications do you look for?
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred in Business/English/Communications/Journalism.
- At least 3 years of experience as a proposal coordinator or manager for a federal government contractor.
- Previous experience using SharePoint and other collaboration tools.
- Expert understanding of MS Office tools and applications, especially in Word.
- Previous leadership or team lead experience.
- Understanding and demonstrated experience with proposal and capture best practices.