What does a typical day look like for the Senior Human Resource Specialist?
- Assist in requirements generation for personnel needs.
- Advise on classification matters to assist the MCCOG on program requirements and practices.
- Advise and assist with classification appeal procedures with HROM-MPC at HQMC and assure that appeal packages comply with DOD/OPM requirements.
- Advise on organization structures, classification changes, position/employee impact and related actions to assure regulatory compliance prior to implementing new structures.
- Anticipate problems that evolve from the complex and dynamic nature of organizations serviced and provides innovative solutions that accommodate MCCOG needs without compromising fundamental personnel management principles.
- Input and retrieve data from defense civilian personnel data system (DCPDS) and ensure accuracy of organization and position data, and initiate corrective action when necessary.
What qualifications do you look for?
- A current secret clearance.
- 10+ years of experience working on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of an HR program in support of executive decision making through group facilitation.
- A MA/MS degree in related field.
- Required training: CES Orientation; CES HR Operational Guide; HR Elements 1-6; CES Train the Trainer Course Version (latest versions)
- Experience in strategic planning, action planning, climate assessments, and other HR analysis approaches informed by knowledge and understanding of HQMC and Marine Corps organizational structure, missions, programs, and organizational relationships.
- Performs all functional duties independently while overseeing the efforts of less senior staff in this task area.
- Expert knowledge in a variety of classification programs including FLSA, EDP, Hazard Pay, Locality Wage Survey, draft classification standards, competitive level descriptions with an understanding of the nine basic standards of the Merit System Principles.
- Familiar with Title V laws, DoD, and USMC specific policy, and other applicable rules and regulations including the DoN CHRM.
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook Expertise.
- Familiar with requirements of DoD 5220.22-M, SECNAVINST 5510.30, and the Privacy Act of 1974.
We’re extra impressed by: