Terrestris is seeking a Network and Systems Support Specialist in Watervliet New York outside of Albany NY to perform operations, training, and support functions for the New York National Guard Recruiting and retention battalion.
What does a typical day look like for the IT systems Support Specialist?
- Maintain Virtual Private Network (VPN) using tunneling technology for the secure transmission of sensitive data through wireless and LAN lines making sure all storefront networks are linked by VPN tunneling technology.
- Provide technical advice on network/telecommunications doctrine, systems, procedures, upgrades, and special requirements.
- Monitor and evaluate system performance and compliance with state and manufacturer requirements.
- Implement new network system hardware and software.
- Maintain an inventory of all network hardware and software.
- Configure and install network equipment and change components of existing equipment for efficient operation for each storefront.
- Provide Tier I and Tier II technical level support involving internet and intranet network-related problems, malfunctions in networking components, software failures, and resolve any routine problems; if unable to resolve then escalate the problem to Tier III or the Battalion S6 NCO for further guidance.
- Maintain and provide property accountability of all automation equipment (computers, printers, scanners, software, and various hardware) and manage all warranty and non-warranty technical support issues.
- Maintain all storefront network operations to include any equipment set up on the storefront network. These storefront networks are commercial Internet Service Providers (ISPs) separate and distinct from the Government networks.
- Maintain, train on, and deploy existing and future Information Technology (IT) resources for the Recruiting storefront networks.
- Conduct research and provide recommended solutions for hardware/software failures related to equipment in storefronts.
What qualifications do you look for?
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- A current DoD Secret clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- Active Security + certification.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)Strong attention to accuracy; detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to work virtually including screen shares, video calls, and online collaboration.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong motivation and ability to learn and understand new concepts and strategies.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
We’re extra impressed by:
- Masters degree in a related field
- Active Security + certification
- ITIL V4
All job requirements in the job description provided indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities deemed necessary to perform the job competently. Job descriptions are an overview of the duties, responsibilities, and requirements of the position. Employees may be required to perform other job-related assignments as requested.
Terrestris, LLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Terrestris, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.