We are seeking an IT Technician with an active TS/SCI clearance to initialize, place into operation, and troubleshoot hardware and software interfaces of complex systems. This position will provide resident engineering and technical support to the Warfighter and provide support for exercises, combat operations, and contingency operations. If you are ready to work in Kosovo, are passionate about supporting the US Warfighter, have an active TS/SCI clearance, then apply now! Still not sure? Read on.
The IT Technician will:
- Deploy, configure, and document complex VMware environments including but not limited to engineering designs and recommendations, deployment plans, system configurations, assembly guides and operational smartbooks
- Install, configure, and maintain the vCenter server instance and its applicable database server/services
- Install configure, and maintain all ESX/ESXi hosts within the environment.
- Manages Virtual Machine snapshots to reduce the overall impact on the system storage environment.
- Document all configurations, changes, and proposed changes. Ensure the control, integrity, and accessibility of the VMware environment for the enterprise through compliance and usage of industry best practices and methods.
- Ensure utilization of proper change management procedures regarding the installation and testing of all upgrades and enhancements for VMware infrastructure.
- Ensure proper initial installation as well as subsequent installations of updates/patches.
- Perform regular checks of system components for errors and application of necessary corrective action.
- Provide technical support to internal and external users.
- Troubleshoot problems and take corrective action on a timely and effective basis.
- Provide routine status updates to organizational leadership.
- Coordinate virtual environment infrastructure resource requirements with organizational IT resource management to ensure timely access to storage, networking, and backup/archive solution resources.
- Perform remote administration to secondary sites as assigned.
- Primary responsibility will be for the vCenter Server. May be required to Work as Tier I, II and III Support.
- Security+ Certification or better
- Bachelor's degree in CS or related field; 4 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Server +
- Linux +
- Current TS/SCI clearance
- Any other Defense intelligence systems administration experience.
- Experience utilizing software applications such as ArcGIS suite, Analyst Notebook, QueryTree
- Oracle Systems installation/configuration
- Experience with SQL and PL/SQL
- JAVA and/or XML script creation
- Maintaining a VMware Environment