We are currently seeking a Data Scientist. This position is located in Charlottesville, VA.
So, What Will The Data Scientist Do?
Talent Acquisition Concepts is currently seeking a data scientist who possesses a strong background in the development and application of data mining, analysis, aggregation, fusion, and visualization in order to process, analyze, and integrate raw data facilitating the production and dissemination of scientific and technical intelligence and general military intelligence relating to foreign ground forces research, development, systems, and operations for U.S. Government clients.
This position is located at a Government installation in Charlottesville, VA.
Tasks will include processing, tagging, and indexing unstructured, semi-structured, and structured classified and unclassified data sets, and developing research designs, including formulating testable questions, identifying and defining key concepts and variables, and matching appropriate methods to problems.
What Qualifications Do You Look For?
- Currently possesses a DoD TS/SCI clearance.
- BS in Computer Science, or a Physical Science, Engineering, or Mathematics-Intensive Discipline with 2+ years of experience.
- Experience in data project management, including cleaning and preparing data, and creating, structuring, and maintaining data sets.
- In-depth understanding of data analysis, including manipulating datasets and interpreting findings using a mix of programs/environments, such as R, Python, Matlab, and techniques, such as text and pattern analysis, classification, change/anomaly detection, time-series, regression, geospatial, and/or social network analysis.
- Experience in using text/web analytics for establishing and expanding keyword searches and using bibliometric analysis tools to perform horizon scans and deep dives into NGIC identified S&T research fields.
- Extensive experience in creating mathematical models and coding in R, Python, and Matlab.
- Willingness to work in small groups or independently as necessary.
- Demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
We’re Extra Impressed By Folks With:
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, or a Physical Science, Engineering, or Mathematics-Intensive Discipline with 0-3 years of experience.
- Experience with geospatial analytical tools such as ArcGIS.