What does a typical day look like for the Senior Systems/Software Engineering Manager?
- Manage headcount, deliverables, schedules, and costs for multiple ongoing projects and programs, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
- Engage with program managers, marketing, supply chain, technical leaders and executives to communicate program status, escalate issues, and guide and influence strategic decision-making
- Manage relationships with outsourced partners and suppliers, including setting expectations regarding deliverables, product quality, schedules, and costs; ensures that team members are effectively communicating and collaborating with outsourced resources.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions opportunities.
- Provide overall people-care management for direct reports, including, hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; drives and fosters organization-wide performance standards, expectations, and practices to support ongoing team member and process development.
What qualifications do you look for?
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- 15+ years of related work experience, including 4 years of people management experience
- Advanced leadership skills, including coaching, team building, conflict resolution, and management.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in managing human capital across geographies to drive workforce development and achieve desired results.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills catered to a wide variety of audiences. (e.g., across all levels of the organization)
- Superior business acumen, technical knowledge and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies.
- Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Advanced relationship management skills, including partnering with internal and external partners
- You must have the ability to be a multi-tasker and problem solver with high energy levels and strong organizational abilities
- Good understanding of OS architecture
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors