Terrestris is seeking a Videographer/Media Production in Watervliet New York outside of Albany NY to perform operations, training, and support functions for the New York National Guard Recruiting and retention battalion.
What does a typical day look like for the Videographer/Media Production?
- Provide technical recommendations on the best methods of portraying NYARNG information through a variety of media products or processes
- Prepare full-motion imaging (video and animation), direct and edit video summaries/scripts, and create animation sequences for videos.
- Produce, coordinate and design various electronic imaging (video/motion/animation/photos).
- Maintain all NYARNG equipment in proper working order including troubleshooting and minor repairs as they are needed.
- Travel throughout New York State to various NYARNG events seeking video opportunities.
- See Video/Photography tasks from Storyboarding through to Final Editing - including Packshots, Still Life, Model Shots, and Coverage of Events- around the NYARNG publish the schedule.
What qualifications do you look for?
- Bachelor's degree in Communications/Journalism or related degree required.
- 2+ years of experience in newsgathering and/or production.
- Experience writing, producing and editing on a desktop editing system.
- Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms.
- Basic understanding and demonstration of multi-media file formats and strong computer skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)Strong attention to accuracy; detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to work virtually including screen shares, video calls, and online collaboration.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong motivation and ability to learn and understand new concepts and strategies.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.