What does a typical day look like for the Instruction System Designer?
- Support our client’s Training Division in order to meet the continuously changing security environment which drives the need to develop and update training content.
- Provide technical expertise to apply the Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation (ADDIE) model to new development and maintenance (i.e eLearning asynchronous courses, virtual instructor-led courses, short format eLearning, instructor-led training, and performance support tools).
- Provide guidance on the application of the ADDIE methodology.
- Collaborate with personnel to conduct comprehensive Training Needs Analysis (TNA) that identifies security competencies, training requirements, goals, learning objectives, topics, instructional strategies, media selection, and training recommendations for a specified audience.
- Support new development, due to immediate requirements, through front-end analysis, training design plans, storyboards, assessments, and beta tests.
- Support the maintenance of existing products by identifying changes based on policy, events, or the Department of Defense Security Skill Standards (DS3).
- Develop detailed course design documents (including the course content outline, media treatments, technical specifications, assessment strategy, instructional materials, and recommended design approach for the course).
- Develop and update course storyboards that specify the flow for audio and text of all content to include graphic design for inclusion in the final course product.
- Conduct and participate in beta tests for products in development and evaluate for accuracy and instructional effectiveness.
- Develop and update assessments for courses.
- Evaluate products for instructional effectiveness.
What qualifications do you look for?
- Current Secret security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing online, instructor-led, or instructor-facilitated distance-delivered courses.
- Experience developing and updating online instructor-led or instructor-facilitated distance-delivered courses in a Collaborative Learning Environment (currently Sakai) relevant to security topics
- Experience in Instructional Systems Design, and developing online, instructor-led, or instructor-facilitated courses related to DoD Security Policy
We’re extra impressed by:
- A Master’s degree in Instructional Systems Design or Adult Education, from an accredited university.
- 8+ years of experience in Instructional Systems Design, and developing online, instructor-led, or instructor-facilitated courses
- 2+ years of experience supporting CDSE, DCSA, or other security agencies in the execution of security-related training programs