Tired of being a cog in the machine? Looking for stability with the freedom to innovate? At CertiPath you can have both, while making the world more secure, and simplifying access processes. We are seeking a Software Development Manager to create a new software development center of excellence. Select your location, select your team and crush your goals at CertiPath.
I’ve never heard of CertiPath. What do you do?
At CertiPath, we are the experts in software and services for high assurance digital identity verification and management. We are an established organization with a 15-year track record of delivering on our promises, with the drive and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. CertiPath is focused on bringing facility and network access management for Commercial clients and Government agencies alike into the 21st century. We are applying our unique knowledge and cutting-edge technology to streamline visitor processing without compromising security. Our products and services allow facility and network operators to rapidly and securely grant visitors restricted access with their existing credentials, while delivering an expedited and high-quality lobby experience for visitors.
So, what will the Software Development Manager at CertiPath do?
You work in a fast-paced environment where you will take a hands-on approach to managing the development and delivery of software that simplifies solutions for a broad set of interrelated problems. Specifically, you will build and lead a team of developers in delivering production quality code against well drafted requirements and business logic from product management. You will have the opportunity to bring your technical abilities together with your communication skills, to inspire your team to achieve outstanding results in a dynamic environment. Best of all, you’ll get to work with smart people to solve problems that make the world a safer, more efficient place.
What does a typical day look like for the Software Development Manager?
Although no two days will be the same, you’ll:
- Report directly to the President of CertiPath
- Build and develop a high functioning team of approximately a dozen junior, mid and senior developers
- Propose and implement an organizational structure for the development department that optimizes not only the resources available now but with an eye to similar growth of the team year over year
- Be empowered to help select and manage all aspects of your facility and operation
- Prioritize tasks across several simultaneous development efforts
- Manage scope within the context of schedule and the development budget to ensure deadlines are met while maintaining the flexibility to react to changing priorities
- Manage a change review process to adapt schedule to changes in scope intra-release
- Build relationships to leverage corporate DevOps and QA assets
- From time-to-time, CertiPath does custom development, you’ll participate in client meetings and work with business development to create costed proposals
- For custom development projects, you’ll provide input to and maintain the program scope, schedule, and budget to meet client requirements
- Proactively manage relationships with vendors, other agencies, and client staff members
- Naturally, you’ll oversee all development work and takes corrective action as necessary to ensure success of assigned tasks. In effect, you will inspect what you expect
- Carefully track all work in Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS). Based on requested features within numbered releases as initiated in TFS by the Product Manager
- Actively develop each staff member along their career path. Ensure they are getting the training they need and attaining job satisfaction along the way
- For all new product versions that the product manager has detailed in TFS, work with your department to produce accurate costed estimates
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology
- Facilitate consensus building and resolution of complex technical issues
- Present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
What does the growth potential look like?
- The Software Development Manager is a significant member of the Certipath leadership team, and much of the growth for the role will be based on successfully growing the team and meeting project deliverables
- A pathway to executive leadership is available.
What qualifications do you look for?
- You might be the leader we’re looking for if you have:
- At least a Bachelor's degree in computer science (or equivalent experience)
- 8+ years of experience shipping web-based application features and code
- 4+ years of experience directly leading one or more engineering teams
- The ability to design and implement well-crafted, scalable, and maintainable code
- Familiarity with Node.js, and/or Angular.js technology stacks
- Team lead experience in an agile environment
- Experience mentoring and leading engineers and guiding them towards good software development practices
- The ability to make reasonable trade-offs based on time and resource constraints in the interest of our business and our customers
We’re extra impressed by folks with:
- Experience working with PKI
- Experience working with US Federal Government security requirements, such as HSPD-12/FIPS201/NIST SP800-116, 800-72, 800-63, 800-53, OMB M11-11, FedRAMP and other related standards.
- Experience at organizations with coding excellence certifications and qualifications such as CMMI or ISO.
- Agile certifications such as Certified ScrumMaster
- Personal development oriented certifications such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) and Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
What kind of benefits does CertiPath Offer?
CertiPath offers outstanding benefits including health, dental and vision coverage, a Health Savings Account plan and a 401k plan with generous employer match. We also believe strongly in maintaining a quality work-life balance, so we offer a leave package that includes 15 days of Paid Time Off, 7 fixed holidays plus 5 floating personal holidays, 5 sick days and a week-long break at the of each year.
CertiPath Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.