Talent Acquisition Concepts is currently looking for an
Automation Inspector to join a company that is a leader in delivering lifecycle energy security solutions to mission-critical government and commercial facility owners. Our client's products save millions of dollars in utility costs, reduce harmful emissions to the environment, and mitigate cyber‐attacks on facilities. Come join the team, and make an impact today!
What will the Automation Manager do?
The Automation Manager will lead a technical line of business for our client. This position will lead a team to engineer and implement building automation solutions in their client facilities. The Automation Manager will utilize experience in design, procurement, implementation, and operation of complex building automation systems to deliver value on internal and external client projects. The Automation Manager will manage key client relationships, manage resources, and determine the optimal supply chain to meet our client's growth and profitability goals.
What does a typical day look like for the Automation Manager?
- Manage our client's technical team as well as subcontracted services on Automation projects.
- Oversee BAS, Controls, SCADA, and other system automation designs, shop drawings, programming, and installation.
- Manage in house and subcontracted engineering designs and deliverables according to budgets and schedules.
- Prepare and oversee estimates and budgets for design and construction.
- Conduct design reviews, submittal reviews, reviews and facilitation of training plans, and O&M manual reviews.
- Manage BAS and Control device suppliers and OEM relationships.
- Ensure programming and execution of Automation systems meets design intent for functionality and quality.
- Support BAS system as wells as whole building commissioning efforts on related projects.
- Serve subject matter expert (SME) in Automation systems and integration.
- Work with senior leadership to grow our Engineering and Construction practice.
- Oversee assigned staff.
- Be responsible for the application of company policies.
What qualifications do you look for?
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a security clearance - must be a U.S. Citizenship.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Building Automation, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field is preferred. An equivalent combination of education, technical training, and experience will be considered.
- At least 8 years of experience in Building Automation Systems (BAS) is required.
- At least 2 years of experience in a supervisory capacity is required.
- Must have a superior track record of client satisfaction in mission-critical facilities and a passion for analyzing, troubleshooting, optimizing, and upgrading integrated systems in aging facilities and campus environments.
- Must possess an in-depth knowledge of industry standards and practices i.e. ASHRAE, BCA, ACG, GSA.
- Experience using AutoCAD and/or Micro Station, MS Visio, etc. to prepare design plans is required.
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Office suite and scheduling software.
We're extra impressed by:
- The successful candidate will be a leader who initiates action and can lead a team and provide multi‐discipline coordination.
- Effective communication and reporting skills at all working and management levels are essential.
- Must be a creative, innovative, and solutions-oriented thinker with the ability to understand and achieve goals and anticipate client needs.