Are you looking for a Challenge? Looking for an innovative organization and the opportunity to learn and grow professionally? At Talent Acquisition Concepts, we are changing the way small businesses hire. We are seeking a Controls Consultant to be a subject matter expert (SME) on building automation systems and lead a team in client facilities.
I’ve never heard of Talent Acquisition Concepts. What do you do?
At Talent Acquisition Concepts, we help our clients win at Talent Acquisition. With years of experience in countless talent acquisition projects, we apply industry best practices and innovative solutions to help our clients become talent magnets. We transform our client’s recruiting through re-engineering of recruiting processes, deployment of new Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), Employee Value Proposition (EVP) development, authentic employment branding campaigns, and Talent Management and retention strategies. We also provide Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) services, Executive Search, Staffing and Business Development Support to small businesses.
So, what will the Controls Consultant at Talent Acquisition Concepts do?
You’ll play a critical role in in design, procurement, implementation, and operation of complex building automation systems to deliver value on internal and external client projects. The Controls Consultant will manage key client relationships and manage resources. The Controls Consultant will project staffing needs, assign work, as well as provide mentoring. This position offers career advancement and the opportunity to make an impact on our client’s growth and market opportunities.
What does a typical day look like for a Controls Consultant?
• Oversee BAS, Controls, and other system automation designs, shop drawings, programming, and installation.
• Manage in-house engineering designs and deliverables according to budgets and schedules.
• Manage our technical team.
• Conduct design reviews, submittal reviews, reviews and facilitation of training plans, and O&M manual reviews
• Review and provide comments on designs for configuration, reliability, and redundancy.
• Ensure programming and execution of Automation systems meets design intent for functionality and quality.
• Support BAS system as well as whole building commissioning efforts on related projects
• Provide quality assurance to ensure compliance with client criteria, codes, standards, and policies, and procedures.
• Serve subject matter expert (SME) in Automation systems and integration.
• Work with senior leadership to grow our Engineering and Construction practice.
• Oversee assigned staff.
• Be responsible for the application of company policies.
What qualifications do you look for?
You might be the leader we’re looking for if you have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Building Automation, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field is preferred. An equivalent combination of education, technical training, and experience will be considered.
• 8 years of of direct experience in Building Automation Systems (BAS) is required
• At least 2 years of experience in a supervisory capacity is required.
• Must have a superior track record of client satisfaction in mission-critical facilities and a passion for analyzing, troubleshooting, optimizing, and upgrading integrated systems in aging facilities and campus environments.
• Must possess an in-depth knowledge of industry standards and practices i.e. ASHRAE, BCA, ACG, GSA
• The successful candidate will be a leader who initiates action and can lead a team and provide multi‐discipline coordination.
• Effective communication and reporting skills at all working and management levels are essential.
• Must be a creative, innovative, and solutions-oriented thinker with the ability to understand and achieve goals and anticipate client needs.
• Must be proficient in the use of MS Office suite and scheduling software.
• Travel to and from local and remote project locations is required.
• Walking construction sites with uneven surfaces and in dust-generating environments
• Must be able to work a full day on a project site.
• Climbing stairs and ladders, carrying/operating test equipment up to 25 lbs.
• Working near electrical and mechanical building equipment and systems
We are extra impressed with folks that:
• You have an OSHA 30-hour certificate.
• Tridium N4 Certified
• Experience with JCI and Distech
• NFPA 70E trained.
• U.S. Citizenship Required
• Must be able to obtain/maintain up to Top Security clearance.
What kind of benefits does Talent Acquisition Concepts Offer?
We offer outstanding benefits including health, dental, and vision coverage, a retirement plan, and a profit sharing/bonus plan. We also believe strongly in maintaining a quality work-life balance, so we offer a leave package that includes Paid Time Off, holidays, sick days, and a fun, creative work environment.
Talent Acquisition Concepts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
DILBERT © 2018 Scott Adams. Used By permission of ANDREWS MCMEEL SYNDICATION. All rights reserved.