Terrestris is Currently Seeking a Senior Budget Analyst. to support an exciting new program within DHS helping to secure our nation!
What does a typical day look like for the Senior Budget Analyst?
- Analyze acquisition financial information flows; design and operate financial systems; perform special studies; and report on all results to improve the overall operational and financial effectiveness for the program/project.
- Support the identification, assessment, evaluation, and testing of existing and emerging technologies, systems, and capabilities, including coordination with related government, academic, and industry programs.
- Analyze and interpret financial data to determine cost benefits, performance, trends and for forecast financial probability.
- Record, classify, and summarize financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Monitor projects to ensure financial goals and objectives are met and identify possible program/financial risks.
- Maintain and monitor program budgets to include gathering and reviewing monthly reporting information from project/program performers and developing budget execution plans.
- Provide assistance in compiling information and preparing information for reporting to senior leadership.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of spend plans; and guard against, identify and report irregularities in budget executions.
What qualifications do you look for?
- An Active Secret clearance
- A Bachelor’s degree + 10 years of relevant experience or a Master's degree + 5 years of relevant experience
- Applicants selected must be eligible to receive DHS Suitability.
- Demonstrated proficiency in providing budget management and analytical support to projects serving DHS Mission Areas such as Physical and Cyber Security, Border & Immigration Enforcement, and Infrastructure Protection.
- Experience monitoring program budgets to ensure financial goals and objectives are met and identify possible program risks.
- Experience providing guidance, feedback, and consulting services to federal program managers.
- Experience providing budget management support in research and development contracts.
- Experience in helping to identify and document financial gaps, formulate and develop technological solutions, and participate in and contribute to strategic discussions.
- Experience in financial Standard Operating Procedures.
- Experience supporting DHS components and agencies either operationally or through budget management.