Terrestris, LLC is seeking Strategic Communications Advisor. This position will work in Kosovo, on behalf of the US Army to support strategic communication operations with the Kosovo Security Force. Help us build capacity and capability for this emerging ally!
The Strategic Communications Advisor will:
- Develop and implement a STRATCOM plan that will enable the Kosovo Security Force (KSF) and the Government of Kosovo (GoK) to counter the Russian narrative by focusing on outreach to the country’s Serbian minority.
- Help the Ministry of Defense (MoD) develop proactive strategic communication campaigns to develop positive relationships within the minority communities, engaging with the population.
- Assist the MoD in developing the ability to present a comprehensive strategic communication strategy to the Government of Kosovo Assembly.
- Help the MoD outlining their plan for personnel development, equipment procurement, and collective training goals to the Assembly.
- Coordinate with the legislative liaison office, to aid in developing clear direction based on formal procedures rather than informal networks.
- Mentor and assist the staff capacity building effort of the MoD and General Staff (GS) with the goal of a functional strategic communication strategy within the MoD and GS to support transition efforts within the Assembly and within the community.
- Develop a strategic communication strategy for the MoD by anticipating needs, addressing unique concerns, and soliciting input and cooperation/coordination.
- Minimum of a BA or BS degree from an accredited university.
- 10+ years of experience with social media, journalism, public affairs, and strategic communications in the DoD, with DoD partners or the Intelligence Community.
- 3+ years of experience in working directly with senior leaders and HQ's staff.
- Able to develop and implement communication plans and strategies.
- Able to obtain a US DOD Secret security clearance, existing clearance preferred.
- Must be medically and physically fit to deploy and perform their duties.
- Must be knowledgeable in modern communication strategies and message mapping, parliamentary republic style of government, strategic communication development strategies, organization branding, audience analysis for communication, international communication techniques, talking point development, social media integration techniques, communication research, intergovernmental communication channels, along with any other applicable subject areas.
- Must be capable of conducting effective mentoring and transformation training, and present a professional appearance.