What does a typical day look like for the Junior Level Contract Support Specialist?
- Perform routine contracting tasks, such as acquisition planning, preparing solicitations, proposal analysis, and post-award activities in support of less complex government acquisitions.
- Assist with the close-out of existing contracts as needed.
- Prepare portions of less complex contractual documents and reading and interpreting basic procurement regulations, policies, and directives to make recommendations to the Government Contracting Officer.
What qualifications do you look for?
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Coursework must have included at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Teams.
- At least 2 years of experience in Federal Contracting.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Familiar with FAR and Veteran Affairs Acquisition Regulation (VAAR) based procurements.
We're extra impressed by:
- Documented experience in and working knowledge of VA programs is preferred.