Terrestris is seeking a Multi-Component Coordinator in Watervliet, NY (Albany area) NY to perform operations, coordination, and support functions for the New York National Guard Recruiting and retention battalion.
What does a typical day look like for the Multi-Component Coordinator?
- Perform operations, training, and support functions for the New York National Guard Recruiting and retention battalion.
- Coordinate directly with over Reserve Component Career Counselors (RCCs) and enlisted Soldiers transitioning from Active Component (AC) to Reserve Component (RC).
- Visit Continental United States (CONUS) active-duty military installations quarterly and conduct New York Army National Guard membership presentations to the Soldiers leaving active duty and to the Reserve Component Career Counselors (RCCC).
- Provide guidance on enlistment and incentive eligibility to current military members desiring in-service recruit (ISR) or interstate transfers (IST) into the NYARNG.
- Guide the potential IST or ISR accession candidate’s package from the recruitment stage to the accession stage to ensure candidates' accession into the NYARNG.
- Verify with NYARNG G1 staff regarding Integrated Personnel and Pay System-Army (IPPS-A) updates to ensure that all currently authorized vacancies in the state are valid and post vacancies to the REQUEST System (Recruit Quota System).
- Monitor and update the REQUEST System (Recruit Quota System) for the NYARNG daily paying specific attention to the 'manage unit vacancies' functionality.
- Maintain a digital tracking system for all transfer actions on the RRBN shared drive in order to support continuity and act as a historical record of actions.
What qualifications do you look for?
- Active DoD secret clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- 2+ years of experience working in operations (S3 if military).
- Knowledge of military recruiting operations.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
- Demonstrated ability to work virtually including screen shares, video calls, and online collaboration.
- Strong attention to accuracy; detail-oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong motivation and ability to learn and understand new concepts and strategies.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.