Front Desk/Data Entry Specialist will receive telephone calls, greet visitors, ascertain the nature of the call or visit, direct clients to the appropriate program manager in the Airman and Family Readiness Center (A&FRC), schedule clients for A&FRC classes and provide complete and clear information that addresses most routine or procedural issues. You shall be responsible for performing various clerical and administrative duties, including entering all required information and data and maintain currency within the Air Force Family Integrated Result Statistical Tracking (AFFIRST) database system. Input all Transition Assistance Program (TAP) data and resources in the AFFIRST web application to include but not limited to scheduling clients for classes and workshops to include sending reminder emails one week prior to class start date or time line suggested by program managers.
- Provide reception services for A&FRC Discovery/Reception Center visitors/clients and accomplish customer service and administrative duties as required.
- Provide data entry into web-based systems, AFFIRST and DOD TAP systems.
- Receive telephone calls, greet visitors, ascertain the nature of the call or visit, direct clients to the appropriate A&FRC staff member, watching for opportunities to raise awareness of A&FRC programs and services.
- Schedule clients for A&FRC classes and provide complete and clear information that addresses most routine or procedural issues.
- Input all TAP data and resources in the AFFIRST to include but not limited to scheduling clients for Transition Assistance Program workshops to include sending reminder emails one week prior to class start date.
- Maintain the appearance of the Front Desk/Discovery Resource Center (DRC). The Contractor will align chairs, keyboards, materials, publications, and resources on a daily basis and report inoperable equipment to A&FRC management.
- Assist DRC clients with problems related to computer resources and serve as initial point of contact for all DRC software, hardware, and user problems. Report inoperable equipment to A&FRC management.
- Ensure all clients completely fill out sign-in log and generate a monthly client usage report in the format established by A&FRC management.
- Basic communication skills appropriate in the professional environment of the A&FRC. Therefore, a minimum of one-year experience working in an Air Force A&FRC or a similar helping service agency environment.
- Basic understanding of military protocol, support group organizations, understanding of family systems in a military setting, and poses the ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse population.
- Must be proficient in applying and troubleshooting Microsoft Office Suite applications to include MS Windows, MS Word, MS excel, MS PowerPoint.
- Strong working knowledge and capability to operate data entry device(s) to input lists, records, or other data points into an electronic format.
- Strong working knowledge of Web Based applications, MS Office Word, MS Office Excel, and other MS Office Suite Products.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a customer support and business environment.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goal, take task direction and training from government personne
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $17.00 per hour
- Front Desk: 2 years (Required)
- customer service: 5 years (Required)
- strong Excel, Microsoft Word, Power Point and Outlook : 5 years (Preferred)
- strong working knowledge of Web Based applications: 2 years (Preferred)