What does a typical day look like for the Ultrasound Technologist?
- Prepare patients for procedures.
- Address patient concerns and serve as a liaison between the patient and the physicians.
- Perform procedures with accuracy and thoroughness, in a timely manner.
- Adhere to the protocols outlined in the procedure manual, upon the order from the referring physician, for diagnostic interpretation by the interpreting physician.
- Complete preliminary reports for interpretation by the physicians on our automated reporting software.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe environment.
- Responsible for maintenance and quality assurance of ultrasound & Doppler equipment.
What qualifications do you look for?
- An active credential issued by the ARDMS ( RDMS, RDCS, RVT, RMSKS).
- 2+ years of recent Acute Care experience in a hospital setting.
- Successful graduation from an accredited ultrasound program.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Strong proficiency in performing a variety of vascular ultrasound exams.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA BLS).