What does a typical day look like for the VTC Technician?
- Responsible for daily management of site VTC and Conference Room systems such as scheduling VTC with external sites, problem resolution, and configuring rooms to meet requirements for scheduled conferences.
- Perform troubleshooting of VTC and conference room equipment and executes repair or initiates trouble tickets to the appropriate office for support of components and connections external to the site VTC system.
- Perform routine performance testing to ensure VTC and other conference room equipment computer servers and workstations operate at optimal performance and capacity.
- Resolve system operational problems by troubleshooting and performing fault isolation, schedule VTC sessions, maintains a call schedule and coordinates reservations and scheduling of VTC services with outside agencies for executive level users.
- Schedule VTC sessions, maintains a call schedule, and coordinates reservations and scheduling of VTC services with outside agencies for executive level users.
- Perform setups, tests, adjustments, operations, and shutdowns of equipment in support of VTC sessions.
- Provide client consulting and training on control, interfaces, and use of the audio/visual and VTC equipment.
- Act as an equipment custodian and performs inventory asset management and accountability functions.
- Draft Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for VTC operations.
- Troubleshoot systems failures and accessibility problems Monitor system performance and track usage.
What qualifications do you look for?
- TS/SCI Clearance, with the ability to obtain a CI poly.
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 4+ years directly related experience in audio video support.
- 8570 IAT Level II Compliance (CCNA-Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, or Security + CE) within six months of start.
- Hands-on experience in documenting design decisions, implementing, and troubleshooting the following technologies and project activities:
- VTC Systems,
- A/V Control Systems,
- Audio digital signal processors,
- Video switching matrixes,
- Enterprise networked VTC systems,
- A/V connectivity diagrams and IP protocols supporting A/V technologies.
- Experience developing and delivering a trend analysis of system load, usage, and response.
- Experience performing system security functions (including system security plans).
We’re extra impressed by:
- Working knowledge and experience configuring Tandberg/Cisco Codecs.
- Understanding of basic networking.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk to various locations as needed.
- Ability to bend and navigate to perform assigned duties.
- Ability to lift light to moderate equipment as needed for the job.
- 10% travel locally.