Are you looking for a Challenge? Looking for an innovative organization and the opportunity to learn and grow professionally? We are seeking an IT Governance Program Manager (PM) to develop, deliver, and perform management functions in adherence with a Program Management Plan (PMP). The Program Manager will define goals, milestones, resource assignments, and ensure adherence to organizational mission and policy. The PM will create and execute a strategy for meeting stated objectives, reviewing performance, revising strategy, and reporting performance.
I’ve never heard of Terrestris. What do you do?
At Terrestris, we leverage technology to create better mission outcomes through better human performance. We approach this by forming strong client and team relationships through transparency. We strive to create an environment where our team can let their excellence shine through. By finding, developing, and incorporating new ideas, we provide memorable services. Rooted in the USMC values of honor, courage, and commitment, Terrestris seeks to deliver extraordinary values to the American people by helping the Government become more efficient and effective.
So, what will the IT Governance Program Manager at Terrestris do?
You will provide Information Technology Governance Support to the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA), Office of Consular Systems and Technology (CST). CST’s Information Technology Governance (ITG) Program is a decision-making framework for addressing several enterprise-level initiatives within CA/CST. You will assist CST’s ITG Program by ensuring the continued alignment of CA’s technology strategy with its business strategy, focusing on the links between business objectives and project objectives and developing, implementing, and maintaining ITG services by defining the processes that ensure the effective and efficient use of IT in enabling the organization to achieve its goals.
What does a typical day look like for the IT Governance Program Manager?
• Provide reports specific to this contract necessary for effective contract oversight to the COR and GTMs. The reports shall include Weekly Activity Reports and Monthly Contract Status Reports
• Ensure that all work activities are performed in a timely and cost-effective manner while maintaining the highest quality of performance.
• Create a project plan for the overall contract including a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), resources, milestones, deliverables, and activities.
• Form a Mission Statement for the task order demonstrating alignment with CA/CST’s mission.
• Adhere to management structure, organizations, roles and responsibilities, and communication methodology.
• Establish a management approach to providing all contract support services.
• Establish a management approach to formulating and enforcing work and quality standards, establishing schedules, reviewing work in progress, and managing personnel, including Subcontractors.
• Oversee all personnel training.
• Track and control costs.
• Create a risk management plan including how the contractor will identify, assess and mitigate risks during the life of the contract.
• Develop roll-on, roll-off, and transition procedures including the process to obtain government review and approval of contractor resources proposed to perform under the contract.
• Establish an approach for communicating individual task requirements, resolving technical service and personnel issues, and managing communications among the Contractor, the Government, and other contractors.
• Establish an approach for remaining compliant with all established regulations, guidelines, policies, and procedures, and adapting to regulation changes.
What qualifications do you look for?
You might be the escort we’re looking for if you have:
• A current, active SECRET Clearance.
• A bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
• An active Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI)
• 12 years related PM experience
• At least 7 years of total work experience in IT governance, risk management, audit, compliance, business continuity plan management, or other related information security domains
• 5+ years managing cross-functional teams and influencing senior-level management and stakeholders
• Previous experience and strong understanding of IT Governance, the Software Develpoment Life Cycle, and Technology Acquisitions
• Advanced comprehension of security and risk best practices and industry standards from a business, technical, and operational perspective
• Proven experience leading and developing staff members
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
• Excellent organizational skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
What kind of benefits does Terrestris Offer?
We offer outstanding benefits including health, dental, and vision coverage, a retirement plan, and a profit-sharing/bonus plan. We also believe strongly in maintaining a quality work-life balance, so we offer a leave package that includes Paid Time Off, holidays, sick days, and a fun, creative work environment.
Terrestris is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
DILBERT © 2018 Scott Adams. Used By permission of ANDREWS MCMEEL SYNDICATION. All rights reserved.