Are you looking for a Challenge? Looking for an innovative organization and the opportunity to learn and grow professionally? At Terrestris, LLC, we are helping the government create better mission outcomes through better human performance. We are currently seeking a Media / Document Management Specialist to provide the Sensors and SONAR Systems Department with program/project logistics. This position is based at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center in Newport, RI. Join our team, grow your career, and crush your goals at Terrestris, LLC.
I’ve never heard of Terrestris, LLC. What do you do?
At Terrestris, we work to deliver extraordinary value to the American people by helping the Government become more efficient and effective. With years of experience on countless Federal projects, we apply industry best practices and innovative solutions to help our clients unlock human potential. We deliver on a broad range of services including Human Capital Management, Technology Innovation, General and Administrative Functions and Learning Support.
So, what will the Media / Document Management Specialist at Terrestris do?
You will support the Media Center in areas of program/project logistics, storage and tracking of program/project documentation and software, and the dissemination of program/project logistics information on a centralized portal. The operating work hours will be Monday through Friday between 0730 and 1630. The position is 100% onsite.
What does a typical day look like for the Senior RF Communications Specialist?
- Answer phones, emails, and walk-in customer inquiries
- Generate, log, and track documents and transmittals, public releases, bar codes, check out forms and destruction notices
- Maintain document & media destruction logs and check out logs, provided as Government Furnished Information (GFI).
- Perform inventory tracking and control of unclassified, classified and controlled information using the Base Inventory Tracking System (BITs)
- Update, catalog, store, and retrieve data utilizing the BITs tool
- Provide research/reference services related to both unclassified and classified / controlled information using the BITs tool
- Conduct and account for all inventory items using BITs in conjunction with the NMCI Bar Code Scanner Application Software to benchmark inventory and update to reflect inventory dates and document discrepancies
- Identify issues associated with document tracking, inventory control, BITs data and technical software or hardware issues
- Provide documents tracking inventory issues reports
- Recommend updates to the Media Center procedures and incorporate approved changes
Required Experience & Skills:
- US Citizenship
- An active secret clearance is strongly preferred
- Excellent administrative skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and basic computer functions is required
- Proven track record of customer service through phone, in person, and written mediums
- The ability to multi-task, set priorities, and manage time effectively is required
- Must possess the analytical ability to define problems, collect data, and take recommended action based upon applicable established guidelines
- Must be able to work effectively a team environment