Our client is a leader in advanced technology research and solutions development, and they’re growing quickly and are looking for a Data Warehouse Developer for one of their DoD clients.
What does a typical day look like for the Data Warehouse Developer?
- Join a team and help our client develop and expand the capabilities of their customer’s data service architecture to operate in a DevOps environment.
- Support senior management with the analysis needed to make important decisions.
- Convey to analysts and management the validity and usage of the data warehouse system including how and when to apply them to which data sets.
- Build processes to extract data from multiple sources and load it into data warehouse.
- Transform data through applying business rules, auditing, and staging data.
- Create fact and dimension tables to support reporting technologies.
- Use problem solving and creativity to apply appropriate metrics in the creation of compelling and thorough analysis.
- Help identify KPI's for departments throughout EB client companies.
- Work within reporting technologies to develop the reports & dashboards required by clients.
- Troubleshoot and performance tune existing data warehouse applications.
- Make recommendations toward the development of new code or reuse/enhancement of existing code.
- Review processes that audit data synchronization for data corrections.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and support of the data warehouse and corresponding data marts.
What qualifications do you look for?
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of full-time experience in all the following: code writing, debugging, documenting, and testing, for software creation.
- 3 years of managing large-scale data warehouse applications.
- 2 years of experience building data warehouse systems that leverage Hadoop Ecosystem technologies.
- 2 years of AI/Computer Vision/Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Previous experience with administering Linux-based workstations and/or servers.
- Previous experience with cloud services (Amazon Web Services preferred).
- Previous Java experience.
- Previous experience in ETL/data integration concepts.
- Previous experience with NoSQL search engine technologies (e.g. Solr, Lucene, HBASE, ElasticSearch).