What does a typical day look like for the AV/VTC Engineer?
- Provide support and services in the AV Engineering Team supporting a DoD organization with video teleconferencing services.
- Resolves system operational problems by troubleshooting and performing fault isolation.
- Repair, replace, or reprogram faulty equipment, as required.
- Acts as equipment custodian and performs inventory asset management and accountability functions.
- Provides life cycle refresh projections for AV/VTC infrastructure and AV equipment build-out projects.
- Conducts site surveys to establish AV/VTC systems and equipment customer requirements.
- Provides on-site support primarily at main customer site location; provides occasional alternate or satellite site support and/or travel as needed.
- Responsible for evaluating, designing, documenting, installing, implementing, testing, maintaining, operating, removing and upgrading, and modifying video teleconferencing equipment systems.
- Provide client consulting and training on control, interfaces, and use of the audio/visual and VTC equipment.
- Responsible for the generation of and compliance with customer organization and contractual recurring daily, weekly, and monthly reporting requirement; nonrecurring and special reports; developing and implementing metrics capture processes and procedures, quality control and assurance processes and procedures; performing other tasks as assigned and demonstrating proficiency, accuracy, and attention to detail in assigned duties.
- Perform duties in the DoD classified and unclassified environments including the use of KIV-7 encryptions keys for I8DN/IP classified connectivity.
What qualifications do you look for?
- Active TS/SCI Clearance- willingness to undergo CI Polygraph within first 6 months on the job.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 4 years of experience in designing, installing, and configuring enterprise Desktop VTC deployments.
- Experience with producing BoMs, LoMs, Rack Elevations and Inventory sheets.
- Working knowledge of commercial construction methods such as ceiling deck constructions, wall framing, structural engineering, electrical wiring and cable/fiber installation.
- Understanding of Depart of Defense (DoD) and DISA VTC requirements.
- Experience with DITSCAP/8500.2 IA controls desired.
- Knowledge of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS).
- Familiar with AR 25-1 and DoD PAM 25-91.
- Working knowledge and experience configuring Tandberg/Cisco Codecs.
- Understanding of basic networking and cable termination skills.
- Experience with classified and unclassified IP video teleconferencing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of audiovisual systems, video teleconferencing systems, Audio Digital Signal Processors (DSPs), and TCP/IP network routing and switching.
- Knowledge and use of IEEE 802.3 Ethernet, TCP/IP, QoS, ISDN, Firewall Traversal, SIP, H.323, relevant video standards as well as DoD Video Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) processes, familiarity with and ability to comply with the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) operational guidelines.
- Working knowledge of SIP, ISM, H232, H320, H460, TLS, RTP, SRTP, TCP/IP and UDP; content control protocols, video compression standards; packet analyzers; routing protocols and networking fundamentals; Tandberg, Polycom and Cisco video and voice technologies.
We’re impressed by:
- A DoDD-8570 IAT Level II Compliant: Security + CE (or CCNA Security, CySA+, GISCP, GSEC, or SSCP) and AMX, Crestron, or Extron control programming certifications or
INFOCOMM Certified Technology Specialist (CTS®) certification.
- Experience with any of the following programming languages is a plus: C+, C++, or C#, Visual Basic, or HTML.
- Knowledge of AMX, Crestron, or Extron control systems.
- Understanding of PKI.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk to various locations as needed.
- Ability to bend and navigate to perform assigned duties.
- Ability to travel by all forms of transportation 10% of time.
- Ability to lift light to moderate equipment as needed for job.