What does a typical day look like for the IT Service Management Analyst?
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs.
- Document requirements, define scope and objectives, and formulate systems to parallel
overall business strategies.
- Assess IT Organization to identify existing processes and procedures and re-categorized them into ITIL/ITSM terms.
- Provide ITIL best practice service management consulting at a strategic, design, and operational level for IT organization.
- Gather the required inputs on people, practices and processes, organization structure, ITIL tools in-use, as-is process, details on current vendors.
- Provide ITIL/ITSM training and mentoring to all staff resources as identified.
- Provide professional guidance to the Process Owners and overall IT strategic initiatives.
- Leverage presentation skills, verbal and written communication skills, and facilitation skills with good documentation and process flow diagramming skills.
What qualifications do you look for?
- Active DoD Secret Clearance.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 4+ years of IT experience.
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification.
- Experience operating BMC Remedy, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Pro
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk to various locations as needed.
- Ability to travel by all forms of transportation 5% of the time.
- Ability to lift light to moderate equipment as needed for the job.