Terrestris is seeking a Human Resources Manager in Watervliet New York outside of Albany NY to perform operations, training, and support functions for the New York National Guard Recruiting and retention battalion.
What does a typical day look like for the Human Resources Manager?
- Perform operations, training, and support functions for the New York National Guard Recruiting and retention battalion.
- Track, process, and maintain oversight of all medical actions with appropriate systems for all Soldiers within the entire RRBN.
- Process, update, and track medical actions to include Line of Duties (LOD); Open Profiles; Medical Evaluation Boards (MEB); Fit For Duty (FFD) requests; Behavior Health (BH) evaluations; annual flu shot records; take appropriate administrative actions for overdue/non-compliant medical cases.
- Attend monthly sync meeting with NYARNG State Medical Command (MEDCOM) and State Military Personnel (MNP) Health Services office to communicate, track and update open medical cases or medically related actions.
- Track, process, and maintain oversight of all pay-related actions within appropriate systems for all Soldiers within the entire RRBN.
- Track, process, and maintain oversight of all Evaluations within the appropriate systems for Non-Commissioned Officers, Commissioned Officers, and Federal Technicians.
- Track, process, and maintain oversight of all Federal and State awards that are processed throughout the year for retirement events, special recognition, and the annual banquet.
- Process all NYANRG Form 600’s for promotion selection requests received within and outside the RRBN.
- Administratively assist eligible Soldiers in processing a Standby Advisory Board (STAB) packet.
- Track and process personnel actions required for RRBN personnel.
What qualifications do you look for?
- Bachelors in Human Resources or related field.
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Active DoD Security clearance.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
- Strong attention to accuracy; detail-oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong motivation and ability to learn and understand new concepts and strategies.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work virtually including screen shares, video calls, and online collaboration.
We’re extra impressed by:
- E6 or higher.
- Prior military recruiter but not required with understanding of how military Recruiting commands work and operate.