Our client is a leader in advanced technology research and solutions development, and they’re growing quickly and are looking for a Data Warehouse Developer for one of their DoD clients.
What does a typical day look like for the Data Services Engineer?
- Work with little supervision to resolve problems to customer's satisfaction.
- Assists in troubleshooting complex issues/efforts with other team members or cross-divisional teams, leveraging seasoned judgment, technical and business acumen.
- Act as a creditable resource for understanding new technologies and architectures related to data management solutions and business processes.
- Work closely with QA, business/product analysts, and customers to design and implement new feature requests
- Ensures standards and directional adherence across the various technical domains.
- Work with internal and external technology experts to ascertain system functional capacity, constraints, and support lifecycles. Evaluate and make recommendations to ensure technology investments are optimized.
- Proactively identify unnecessary complexity and potential failure points, assist with creating plans to reduce or eliminate where appropriate.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with technology teams and business partners to facilitate improved alignment of technology initiatives to business strategies
What qualifications do you look for?
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering discipline.
- 3+ years of full-time experience in all the following: code writing, debugging, documenting, and testing, for software creation.
- 3+ years of experience with administering Linux-based workstations and/or servers.
- 2+ years of experience applying Hadoop Ecosystem technologies.
- 1+ years of experience with data science applications (e.g., R, Jupyter, big data analytics, visualization).
- 1+ years of experience utilizing Linux configuration management for provisioning and automation (Puppet, Docker preferred).
- 2+ years of experience AI/Computer Vision/Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- 1+ years of experience with scripting (e.g., PERL, PowerShell, Scala, Ruby).
- 1+ years of experience utilizing ETL technologies (to include at least one of Storm, Kafka, NiFi, Spark).
- 1+ years of experience utilizing cloud services (Amazon Web Services preferred).
- 1+ years of experience with NoSQL search engine technologies (e.g. Solr, Lucene, HBASE, ElasticSearch).
- Experience using an enterprise source control service (Git/GitHub is preferred).