What does a typical day look like for the Accounting Team Leader/SME?
- Be responsible for the externally reported Consolidated Income Statement, Segment Note, and Earning Per Share Note.
- Be responsible for areas of the companies consolidated results.
- Be responsible for all aspects of the Corporate Consolidation and external reporting including the review of any documents provided to investors.
- Consolidate and present accounting packages for the monthly Controller and CFO reviews.
- Work closely with CHQ Finance and Accounting teams on delivering an accurate monthly revenue estimate and quarterly PTI estimate.
- Write revenue and profit letters addressed to the CEO and CFO each month.
- Collaborate with CHQ Finance to communicate monthly results to the Board of Directors.
- Support the External Reporting and Investor Relations teams on all external messaging including Press Releases, 10-Q and 10-K filings, Investor Day, etc.
- Coordinates restate cycles with CHQ Finance and Accounting teams when changes in the business occur.
- Calculate Earnings Per Share bridge to highlight drivers for senior leadership.
- Consolidate and report external segment results.
What qualifications do you look for?
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience.
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP accounting rules.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA).
- Effective written and oral communication.
- Must have the ability to collaborate with other areas of the business including Investor Relations, Finance, external auditors, Communications, other members of the Accounting team, and senior leadership while acting as the lead for the entire Accounting organization.
- Previous experience providing and presenting comprehensive and meaningful information and accounting guidance to the various stakeholders noted above.