Are you looking for a Challenge? Looking for an innovative organization and the opportunity to learn and grow professionally? At Terrestris, LLC, we are helping the government create better mission outcomes through better human performance. We are currently seeking a Systems Administrator. The ideal candidate will provide Information Technology support to the Radar Division of the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) in Washington, DC. The Radar Division has approximately 125 government and contractor IT users, many with multiple unclassified and collateral Secret systems. You will be tasked with assisting the division in maintaining the Microsoft Exchange Servers for staff at both classification levels.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Provide technical support toward Windows Active Directory environments and all component systems, including, but not limited to: Domain Controllers; DNS servers, file, print, patch management, database, and email; administrative and user workstations for system administrative personnel; and PKI support for servers and applications.
- Support the management of a Windows Server system supporting workstations for up to 125 users utilizing industry standard tools. Experience with Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM), Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Group Policy and other tools selected for use within the environment is required on both unclassified and classified networks.
- Assist Division users to identify and resolve issues with the Flank Speed environment and the installation and configuration of the Flank Speed application on Division computers.
- Familiarity and experience with software and configuration management systems such as Belarcs BelManage and BelSecure is required.
- Utilize a ticketing system to keep track of requests for assistance, to document resolution of issues, and to communicate issue status with users requesting assistance.
- Provide user support to all users of Radar Division IT equipment to address hardware, software, configuration, and compatibility issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain documentation on the design, performance and configuration of all servers, networks, services, and database products in support of Navy Certification and Accreditation requirements.
- Service account management and maintenance tasks that are expected to be automated via scripting or other tools include, but are not limited to, password control and service configuration.
- Interface with Xerox to obtain supplies and services.
- Support configuration and maintenance of storage systems such as Promise Technology and Dell Scalable Storage System.
- Familiar with Centrify for management and integration of Linux Systems into a Windows Domain on Classified and Unclassified networks.
- Provide in-person support, configuration and troubleshooting, assistance via telephone and email, as well as the creation of documentation and help guides.
- Support configuration and maintenance of storage systems such as OSNexus Scalable Storage System.
- Provide support in managing computer room facilities at the infrastructure level, including but not limited to installation and management of equipment racks, power distribution, battery backup, and cabling within Radar Division computer rooms.
- Active Secret Clearance
- An Associate degree of Applied Science Information Systems Management, or equivalent
- At least two years` of experience in managing classified and unclassified PCs and Network Servers.
- Experience with troubleshooting of installed/modified hardware to ensure proper system functionality
- Experience with developing procedures and documentation for managing, deploying and implementing multiple baseline hardware/images and software packages
- Training and/or Working Knowledge of the follow OS: Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012 R2, 2016, 2019, Windows 7, Windows 10 (Secure Host Baseline)
- Perform duties related to Cybersecurity Testing, Evaluation, Validation and Verification of traditional and non-traditional information systems.
- Conduct Cybersecurity test plans for security testing of DoD/DoN information systems in the unclassified and classified domains IAW National and DOD requirements.
- Support the technical areas within information security work related to Cybersecurity.
- Experience with Belmanage/Belsecure and Centrify software.
- Experience with the follow OS: Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012 R2, 2016, 2019, Windows 7, Windows 10 (Secure Host Baseline)
- Configuring and managing Microsoft WSUS server and MECM for Patch management of classified and unclassified systems
- Configuring and managing managed switches
- CompTIA Security+ 8570 Compliant
- DOD 8570.1 Level IAT II
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, marital status, ancestry, protected veteran status, or any other protected group or class.