We are seeking a Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) Manager to lead our client's SUE operation in Colorado. The SUE manager will assist in the renovation of the SUE operation. They will recruit, hire, manage, and mentor the staff necessary to maintain and improve the unit. The SUE manager will help develop new clients while maintaining existing client relationships. If you are ready to work in beautiful Colorado and have experience mitigating risks associated with new infrastructure design and construction then apply now! Still not sure? Read on.
What does a typical day look like for the SUE Manager:
You might be the SUE Manager we’re looking for if you have:
- Maintain and develop client relationships.
- Be responsible for the safety coordination of SUE effort.
- Recruit, hire, manage, mentor and retain staff necessary to maintain and/or improve the SUE’s unit’s ability to produce a quality work product.
- Developing and monitoring project scope, budget, schedule and quality control for SUE projects from the proposal stage through final deliverables.
- Field supervision of SUE crews to ensure accuracy and high standards are met.
- Coordinating with local municipalities to obtain proper certifications and permits for SUE work in their jurisdictions.
What qualifications do you look for?
- Must be able to generate revenue through existing client base and new business development.
- 10+ years of experience in SUE and 5+ years supervising multiple SUE crews.
- Ability to designate all utilities using surface geophysical equipment, including RF Pipe and Cable Locators, Ground Penetrating Radar, and electromagnetic induction devices.
- Able to work flexible hours (some nights, weekends, and travel will be required).
We’re extra impressed by folks with:
- Extensive experience operating and maintaining a vacuum excavation truck.