We are seeking a Field Systems Administrator with an active TS/SCI clearance to initialize, place into operation, and troubleshoot hardware and software interfaces of complex systems. This position will provide resident engineering and technical support to the Warfighter and provide support for exercises, combat operations, and contingency operations. If you are ready to work in beautiful Augusta, GA and are passionate about supporting the US Warfighter, have an active TS/SCI clearance and experience supporting integrated HW/SW systems in the field, then apply now! Still not sure? Read on.
The Field Systems Administrator will:
- Install, configure, and maintain RedHat Enterprise Linux servers and associated applications, scripts, and adapters.
- Maintain full mission operational capability for the Integration Backbone server segment by ensuring all sources and adapters are functioning properly.
- Perform automated and manual checks of all servers to ensure compliance with quality and security requirements.
- Perform system patching as necessary
- Perform and test system backups to ensure the availability of current images and system configuration files to perform a system recovery if needed.
- Track and report regularly on system status.
- Perform daily check of all servers to detect any system anomalies; including reviewing server logs on a weekly basis.
- Provide system change requests to address problems in a timely manner.
- Assist in the generation of reports to effect site-specific and/or global changes based upon customer requirements.
- Communicate and coordinates with manufacturers and developers to resolve identified problems.
- Test different data types periodically to ensure proper functionality.
- Review system data to verify that input fidelity; including running automated scripts and utilities, keeping the assigned nodes synced with source databases and systems.
- Perform required node maintenance such as renewing passwords.
- Test connections to other nodes and systems, and work with other Systems Administrators to troubleshoot identified problems.
- Maintain coordinated access across all nodes.
- Attend meetings and provide briefings as required by the customer.
- Provide desk side overviews and individual user training as required.
- Trains users on how to use the system to do their jobs in a quicker more efficient and consistent manner.
- Research local data sources which the customer may need to monitor and write adapters on-site when possible.
- Provides information back to the PMO for adapters and issues that cannot be written on-site.
- Provide remote support for other sites to cover outages.
- Current TS/SCI clearance is required
- Security+ Certification or better
- Bachelor's degree in CS or related field; 4 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Server +
- Linux +
- RedHat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Oracle Certified Associate (Java)
- Oracle Certified Associate (Oracle 10g/11g)
- Any other Defense intelligence systems administration experience.
- Experience utilizing software applications such as ArcGIS suite, Analyst Notebook, QueryTree
- Oracle Systems installation/configuration
- Experience with SQL and PL/SQL
- JAVA and/or XML script creation
- Maintaining a VMware Environment