What does a typical day look like for the Applications Developer - Java?
- Manage Java software development and support.
- Contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable developing and maintaining technical documentation and related artifacts.
- Develop front-end applications.
- Provide critical support to customer's mission.
- Develop applications using Java & AWS.
What qualifications do you look for?
- TS/SCI with FS Poly.
- 10+ years of experience with developing front-end applications.
- Strong Java development background with the ability to work at all tiers of the architecture (Web UI, Business Logic, Database layer).
- Relational database experience with tools such as Oracle or MySQL.
- Amazon Web Services such as Simple Workflow (SWF), Data Pipeline, Relational Database (RDS), Cloudwatch, EC2, EBS, S3, etc.
We are extra impressed by:
- Understanding of Sponsor’s security requirements to include providing strong data protection.
- Experience in Sponsor environment with requesting application/server certs and updating AMIs.
- Experience with DevOps tools such as GitHub, Subversion, Jenkins, CruiseControl, Maven, Artifactory, Confluence, etc.