Tired of being a cog in the machine? Looking for stability with the freedom to innovate? At Talent Acquisition Concepts you can have both. We are seeking a Junior VMware Administrator to join a great team and help support national security initiatives.
Take control of your career, and crush your goals with Talent Acquisition Concepts.
What does a typical day look like for the Junior Vmware Administrator?
Although no two days will be the same, you will:
- Perform daily system checks of all customer VMs, recording findings, and statuses in Systems Administration Daily Checks list and perform appropriate corrective action as needed.
- Diagnose and repair system problems, utilizing toolsets available, and working closely with other internal groups and vendor support. Perform upgrades of VM Tools on all customer VMs within one week of update availability.
- Develop and maintain documentation, which includes SOPs, TTPs, System Architecture Guides, and Diagrams for all customer systems and hardware configurations adhering to organizational templates and policies.
- Notify the Government of any unscheduled system outages.
- We'd love to tell you more, but the nature of the role requires confidentiality.
What qualifications do you look for?
Must hold a current TS/SCI clearance.
Security + or other DoD 8570.1M IAT Level II certification.
4+ years of progressively responsible experience in virtualization datacenter administration supporting and managing virtualization infrastructure, to include enterprise-class hardware.
- 2+ years of experience administrating enterprise-sized, VMware-based virtualization infrastructures covering vCenter and standal1+ ESXi environments version 5.5 and later
- Over a year of experience designing, planning, implementing, and administrating HP enterprise blade server and storage technologies to support virtualization infrastructure Over a year of experience with fiber switches and storage area networks.
- 2+ years of experience installing, configuring and integrating servers associated with a VMware virtual infrastructure.
- 2+ years of experience performing backups, troubleshooting, and problem resolution for servers associated with a VMware virtual infrastructure.
- 2+ years of experience building highly available server clusters in a vSphere environment.
- 2+ years of experience maintaining VM templates for use on rapid deployment of virtual machines.
- 2+ years of recent experience implementing security posture and ensuring compliance with industry best practices, DA regulations, and STIGs.
- U.S. Citizenship Required.