What does a typical day look like for the Building Inspector?
- Perform a full range of inspection and evaluation of residential new construction.
- Compile, analyze, and evaluate findings of investigations and inspections, and issue standard construction and occupancy permits and approve final inspection certificates.
- Maintain clear, concise, and comprehensive records and reports related to inspection activities.
What qualifications do you look for?
- High School Diploma.
- 5+ years experience as a certified inspector performing multi-code building inspections.
- A current ICC Inspector Certifications with the ICC.
- Working knowledge of the ICC, CBC, and applicable local codes.
- Must possess prior inspection experience of new residential developments.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Working knowledge of office computer software – Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
We’re extra impressed by:
- An Associates or Bachelors Degree.
- Prior inspection experience of new commercial construction.
- Bilingual (Spanish).